Information Security Architect – UK Wide – up to £75K plus benefits (Hybrid/Flexible working)
This is a permanent role with a financial services organisation in the UK. Reporting to the Information Security Manager, the purpose of this role is to provide architectural, design and consultancy services in respect to Information Security for the organisation. Providing design consultancy, interpreting business requirements, defining IS requirements and assuring compliance. Working closely with Enterprise Architecture to build the technology roadmap and backlog for Information Security.
What you need to do:
Main duties and areas of responsibilities:
· Mature the Information Security architecture domain in order to meet the demands of the IT Strategy by developing and maintaining an agreed roadmap and creating conformant patterns and guidelines for consumption by the business for implementing IT change
· Work with Principle Architects to define the overall technology capabilities required by the organisation for Information Security, and how they might best be satisfied by specific solutions / technologies
· Influence business strategy by building relationships across the business and acting as a trusted advisor to senior business management on business and information security integration strategies
· Responsible for the craft of Architecture and Design across Information Security- as a coach, an SME and an individual contributor – to ensure that it delivers on business value and priorities
· Act as security subject matter specialist in the specification, design, testing and assurance of projects covering the breadth of financial services within the organisations business change portfolio
· Manage assigned aspects of Information Security, IT Security, security threat analytics and/or PCIDSS across the organisations change portfolio, supporting relevant strategy, framework and assurance activity
· Monitor the regulatory and industry landscape to ensure that key requirements are understood and delivered within your projects
· Develop best practice in relation to Information Security management and control, influencing colleagues at all levels across the business and projects
· Manage Information Security requirements with key partners, ensuring that emerging threats and improvements/changes to control frameworks are understood and reviewed/incorporated as identified during the project lifecycle
What you need to know and show:
· Experience of architecture domains (including business, data, applications, integration, infrastructure and security) and relevant reference models, standards and patterns
· Experience of use and adoption of relevant architecture frameworks and tools would be beneficial.
· Experience with technical security in some of; IT infrastructure security, IT security operations, application security, PCIDSS, physical security, security threat analytics.
· Experience of managing Information security in an outsourced IT and outsourced business environment would be beneficial.
· Experience in the financial services industry.
· Well organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
· Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent team player with ability to working closely with others to deliver results.
· Customer focused.
· Proven track record of working on own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the wider team.
· Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically.
· Strong relationship management skills.
· Excellent written communication – both new concept and project assurance reports.
· Exceptional communication skills – ability to communicate effectively with anyone in any environment, e.g. able to translate complex / technical issues to meet the audience’s competency level.
· Knowledge of ISO27001/2, CISSP preferred, CISM.
This role is urgent in nature so please email your updated CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 077 375 38 248 for more information.