Are you an experienced Solutions Architect?
Do you have experience around Data centre components?
My client is a global business going through a major services improvement programme.
This is a 12-month salaried fixed-term contract, you will be an employee of the company.
**Not a daily rate contract**
Your responsibilities include:
· Participate in the development and continuous improvement of:
o Application and data architectures that are aligned to the business strategies and direction
o Technology architectures that enable the application and data architecture
· Ensure that these architectures are recognised as the road map for all business services and technical solutions.
· Production of technical solution designs for assigned projects,
· IT Governance:
o Ensure that documented standards and working practices are followed
o Highlight any non-conformance with documented standards and working practices with the Head of Enterprise Architecture
· Promote an environment that encourages collaboration, team working and innovation
· Understand the Customer’s technical and/or integration requirements
· Analyse new project requests and requirements and own the creation of the integration design.
· Analyse the current architecture to identify weaknesses, develop opportunities for improvements.
· Lead technical workshops with the customer and IT to ensure that all technical requirements are understood.
Required skills & experience:
· Experience around data centre components (Servers, Storage, load balancers, firewalls, Networks etc)
· Good knowledge LAN/WAN within an enterprise network
· Demonstrate good experience in the IT industry with expertise in many areas of infrastructure and applications, preferably in a technical or enterprise architecture capacity
· Have demonstrable experience in design, strategy and architecture related activities
· Experience with sizing, performance and high availability
· Experience with data backup, business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and technologies
· Any knowledge of integration technologies
· Experience with any automation technologies
· TOGAF certification preferred but not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this leading company that offers a great working environment.
Apply now or for more information please get in touch with Gary Simpson, asap on 0141 5668922